ISCBC’s Youth Summit 2020 was held virtually on May 1 and 2. This exciting virtual experience brought together youth, leaders and industry experts from across BC. Attendees explored volunteer projects in habitat restoration, learned from environmental experts, participated in enriching communications workshop and built networks in the invasive species management community and beyond.
What will you find in the summit sessions?
- Spotlight on the 2019 habitat restoration and ongoing virtual projects led by ISCBC youth volunteers.
- Explore what volunteering means, with Patti Beer, a professional aquarist & lifetime volunteer.
- Watch Luke Wallace’s concert, a Canadian folk musician and environmental activist.
- How to embody envrionmental stewardship with Justin Perry, Indigenous youth leader.
- Learn how to taise awareness, tell your organizations story and inspire action through social media in the Communications workshop with Karen Brandt.
If you missed the event, you can watch the individual session recordings at your leisure here.
Interested in volunteering? Our youth volunteer corps helps to protect B.C. from new and spreading invasive species, supporting healthy habitats and communities.