Published December 13, 2021
ISCBC is excited to launch a suite of stickers supporting behaviour change programs in BC, featuring the work of amazing British Columbian artists.
PlayCleanGo stickers are the first to be released, with artwork created by Josie Ruoss of Kelowna BC. Each design features a popular outdoor recreational activity, including climbing, horse back riding, camping, hiking, mountain bike and off-roading. The PlayCleanGo program highlights the significant role outdoor enthusiasts play in protecting the wild places we love. It recommends best practices to protect BC’s natural habitats and biodiversity by stopping the spread of invasive species, including:
- Removing plants, insects and mud from your boots, gear and pets
- Remove mud and plant parts from your tires on bikes and ATVs before moving to a new area
- Clean your gear before entering and after leaving a recreation site
- Stay on designated roads and trails
- Learn to identify common invasive species and report them
The next in the artist series will feature the behaviour change programs PlantWise, Buy Local Burn Local and Don’t Let It Loose!
Stay tuned for where to get your stickers in the new year!
About The Artist
The artist behind Three Sisters Collective, Josie Ruoss, gets most of her inspiration from the diverse natural beauty in BC. Josie is an elementary educator and an artist who enjoys connecting with others to get creative. Josie has a background in watercolour and oil painting. She currently specializes in digital artwork and design. You can find Josie’s work @threesisters.collective.