Please direct inquiries or sightings of potential invasive species to your regional committee, if one is available - see below for contact information. Regional districts may also provide useful information, and many across BC are developing programs and initiatives for invasive species management and control options for the public. If you are still unsure who to contact, call 1-888-933-3722 (ISCBC). PRINTABLE MAP WITH CONTACTS (PDF, as of October 2015).
1. Vancouver Island and Sunshine Coast - Coastal Invasive Species Committee (Coastal ISC): The Coastal ISC covers the geographic areas of Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and the Sunshine Coast.
Ph: 250-857-2472 | www.coastalisc.com | email@example.com
2. Metro Vancouver - Invasive Species Council of Metro Vancouver (ISCMV): The ISCMV covers all lands within the Metro Vancouver Regional District.
Ph: 604-880-8358 | www.iscmv.ca | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Fraser Valley - Fraser Valley Invasive Species Society (FVISS): The FVISS covers the Fraser Valley Regional District boundaries, from east of Hope to west of Abbotsford/Mission, and north to Skatin and Lil’wat territory. Adjacent communities may also be included in the FVISS where invasive species infestations are observed.
Ph: 778-548-FVIS (3847) | fviss.ca | Email: email@example.com
4. Sea to Sky Corridor - Sea to Sky Invasive Species Council: SSISC covers all lands within electoral areas C and D of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District as well as the Village of Lions Bay.
Ph: 604-698-8334 | www.ssisc.info | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Lillooet Regional Invasive Species Society: LRISS covers all lands within electoral areas A and B of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District, including the northern extent of the Cascades Forest District and the boundary of the Northern St’àt’imc Territory, including waterways of the Fraser River, Bridge River, Cayoosh Creek, and Seton Lake. Email: email@example.com
6. Okanagan-Similkameen - Okanagan and Similkameen Invasive Species Society (OASISS): OASISS covers all lands within the Regional District Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS), including the municipalities of Summerland, Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos, Keremeos and Princeton.
Ph: 250-404-0115 | www.oasiss.ca | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Boundary - Boundary Invasive Species Society (BIS): BIS covers the municipalities of Midway, Greenwood, and Grand Forks, as well as Electoral Areas D &E of the Regional District of Kootenay Boundary.
Ph: 250-446-2232 | www.rdkb.com | Email: email@example.com
8. Central and West Kootenay - Central Kootenay Invasive Species Society (CKISS): CKISS covers the Central Kootenay Regional District and areas A & B of the Kootenay Boundary Regional District from the Paulson Summit East.
Ph: 1-844-352-1160 | www.ckiss.ca | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. East Kootenay - East Kootenay Invasive Species Council (EKISC): The EKISC covers all land within the Regional District of East Kootenay.
Ph: 1-888-55-EKISC (35472) | www.ekisc.com | Email: email@example.com
10. Columbia-Shuswap - Columbia Shuswap Invasive Species Society (CSISS): The CSISS covers all land within the Columbia-Shuswap Regional District.
Ph: 1-855-PUL-WEED (1-855-785-9333) | www.columbiashuswapinvasives.org | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Cariboo, Chilcotin, Coast - Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Invasive Plant Committee (CCCIPC): The CCCIPC covers the Cariboo Regional District and the Central Coast Regional District. This ranges from Hixon north of Quesnel, south to 70 Mile House, east to Wells Grey Park, and west to the Pacific Ocean.
Ph: 250-855-9333 | www.cccipc.ca | Email: email@example.com
12. Northwest - Northwest Invasive Plant Council (NWIPC): The NWIPC covers four regional districts: Bulkley- Nechako, Fraser Fort George, Kitimat-Stikine, and Skeena Queen Charlotte; and, the Stikine Region adjacent to the Yukon border, and all municipalities within these regions.
Ph: 1-866-44WEEDS (449-3337) | www.nwipc.org | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org