There is a current shortage of certified pesticide applicators across the province. The Invasive Species Council of BC offers the required training to obtain Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weed Applicator Certification. This 3 day long training course has been created to ensure participants receive the necessary information to successfully obtain their pesticide applicators certificate as well as help them become more employable in the field of invasive plant management. Participants that attend this course will learn to properly and safely manage weeds on industrial land, roads, power lines, railways and pipeline right-of-ways including control of weeds designated as noxious on private or public land.
PAC Course Outline
Day 1 and 2: Participants will review key material in the Ministry of Environments Industrial Vegetation and Noxious weed Pesticide Applicators CORE manual, including current noxious weed and herbicide legislation, impacts, safety, mixing herbicide, calibrating equipment and more. A large portion of time will be spent reviewing basic math principals and working through various calculations related to herbicide application.
Day 3: Participants will have an open study session with the trainer in the morning, followed by the opportunity to write the open book exam (optional) in the afternoon. Note: Folks that would like additional time to prepare for the exam can opt out of writing it as part of the course and can make their own arrangements to write the B.C. certification exam at a later date at a local government agent office
This is an extensive training course that includes a heavy math component; knowledge of basic math (example - cross multiplication and unit conversion) is an asset but not a requirement. A grade 8 or higher math competency is recommended.
Current Pesticide Applicator Certification (PAC) Training Courses
Please click on the links below to register for current Pesticide Applicator Training Courses.
Each course's registration deadline is one week before the course start date.
- March 13th - 15th - Victoria (registration has closed)
- March 27th - 29th - Merritt (registration has closed)
- May 8th - 10th - Kamloops (registration has closed)
- May 14th - 16th - Cranbrook (registration has closed)
- May 22nd - 25th - Prince George (course full ~ email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on cancellation/waiting list)
Venue locations will be shared with registrants at least one week prior to the session.
Please note that all fees are subject to 5% GST.
- Course Fee - ISCBC Member Rate*: $430
- Course Fee - Non-Member Rate*: $450
- Ministry of Environment Exam Fee: $90
- Ministry of Environment Course Manual Fee: $90
*Click here to apply to join the Invasive Species Council of BC
If you would like the Course Manuals in advance of the session to pre-study (highly recommended), you can order them for a fee of $90 (plus GST) from the Ministry of Environment & Climate Change Strategy by calling: 250-387-9502. The course manuals used in the session are as follows:
- Canadian Pesticide Education Program Applicator Core Manual British Columbia Edition:2011
- Supplementary Information for Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weed Control Pesticide Applicator Certification: 2011
Courses may be cancelled if we cannot meet our minimum registration threshold.
Please read the cancellation and refund policy before completing registration.