Any volunteer group, organization, school or club who meets the criteria below can participate in a Communities Pulling Together weed pull event. Groups that complete a successful weed pull event will receive a $200 honorarium. Each participating group is limited to taking part in one weed pull event per year unless authorized by the ISCBC.
Criteria required to participate in a weed pull event:
- $2 million liability insurance;
- Support from your regional invasive species committee;
- Minimum of ten volunteers for four hours of weed pulling;
- A first aid kit;
- One adult for every five children;
- Appropriate clothing (long pants, shirts, closed toe shoes, gloves, etc.).
Steps to Participate in a Weed Pull Event
- Ensure that your group meets the criteria listed above.
- Send your completed Volunteer Group Registration form to the ISCBC office.
- Work with an ISCBC representative to coordinate Regional Committee participation.
- Complete the weed pull event.
- Send a completed Volunteer Group Evaluation form to the ISCBC office along with a completed invoice for $200.
Send all correspondence by mail, email or fax to:
- Invasive Species Council of BC, #100 - 197 North 2nd Avenue, Williams Lake, BC V2G 1Z5
- Phone: 250-305-1003
- Fax: 778-412-2248
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org