Communities Pulling Together invasive plant pulls need to be coordinated between the participating volunteer group and respective regional invasive plant committee. Please refer to the committee responsibilities below. Regional Committees that take part in weed pull events will receive a $200 stipend.
Steps to Hosting a Weed Pull Event
- Ensure the volunteer group meets event criteria;
- Select the site;
- Arrange plant disposal;
- Supply garbage bags, gloves, and refreshments for participants;
- Provide information on how to identify and remove invasive plants;
- Supervise the event to ensure all plants are removed correctly;
- Enter the invasive plant information into the IAPP program;
- Complete and submit CPT Weed Pull Report, invoice, and volunteer evaluation forms.