Stronger BC Action Team Member
Love working outdoors and being part of a team? We want you!
The Invasive Species Council of BC is looking for individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills and experience to join our growing organization as an Action Team Member. As an Action Team Member, you will be part of a 4-person crew involved in field survey and management of invasive species. The Action Team Members are knowledgeable, outgoing, and confident. Successful candidates are self-motivated and highly organized individuals who enjoy learning new skills and working on a team. The Action Team Members will receive training and mentoring while working to protect and restore BC’s landscapes and habitats from the impacts of invasive species.
Temporary, various start dates
$17 – $20 per hour, based on experience and qualifications
Vancouver, Victoria, Chilliwack
Full time (40 hours per week)
Action Team Members will:
Under the leadership of the Action Team Supervisor, Action Team crew members are responsible for:
- Performing all duties with health and safety practices as a priority
- Executing invasive species management identified on a local workplan
- Learning how to use ISCBC’s remote communications (virtual) platform
- Participating in remote (virtual/online) orientation and training
- Attending weekly safety sessions to ensure all relevant practices are followed
- Maintaining daily contact with the Stronger BC Supervisor
- Ensuring professionalism while carrying out all Action Team activities
Preferred Background for Action Team Members:
- Work crew experience or willing to learn field work
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to learn invasive plant identification and treatment
- Willing to learn map reading and GPS operating skills
- Willing to learn how to use online databases and/or IAPP
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1 (preferred)
- Industrial Vegetation & Noxious Weed Pesticide Applicator Certification (preferred)
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License (required)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite — Word, Excel, or PowerPoint (preferred)
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
ISCBC is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, and age.
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Invasive Species Council of BC. Only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Please submit a covering letter stating your interest and skills, along with a resume (maximum 2 pages) and three (3) references.
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until filled.
Email Subject Line: Action Team Member
NOTE: Only those who are short-listed will be contacted.