Day 1: Participants will receive basic training on Invasive Species in BC and Integrated Pest Management, including review of invasive plant definitions, legislation, identification, pathways and vectors of spread and management techniques.
Day 2 and 3: Participants will review key material in the Ministry of Environments Industrial Vegetation and Noxious weed Pesticide Applicators CORE manual, including current noxious weed and herbicide legislation, impacts, safety, mixing herbicide, calibrating equipment and more. A large portion of time will be spent reviewing basic math principals and working through various calculations related to herbicide application.
Day 4: Participants will have an open study session with the trainer in the morning, followed by the opportunity to write the open book exam (optional) in the afternoon. Note: Folks that would like additional time to prepare for the exam can opt out of writing it as part of the course and can make their own arrangements to write the B.C. certification exam at a later date at a local government agent office
Course fees cover the trainer’s time and travel, study manuals and applicable taxes. Thanks to our partnership with the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, we are happy offer a reduced rate for Indigenous folks and unemployed or underemployed resource workers (work less than 20 hours/ week).
- Aboriginal Descent/Relations and unemployed or underemployed resource workers - Course and exam - $190
- Aboriginal Descent/Relations and unemployed or underemployed resource workers - Course only, no exam - $95
- ISCBC Member - Course and exam - $552
- ISCBC Member - Course only, no exam - $462
- Standard registration - Course and exam - $636
- Standard registration - Course only, no exam - $546
To register please complete the form below. Please read the cancellation and refund policy before completing registration.