There is a current shortage of invasive species management contractors in Northeastern B.C. - now is the time to start your own invasive species service based business!
The ISCBC, in partnership with the Northeast Aboriginal Business Center, is offering a Business Development Training Session this fall in Northeastern BC and you’re invited to attend. Participants of this session will leave with a better understanding of what is required to start up their own invasive species service-based business.
Some of the key topics that will be addressed include:
- Characteristics of an Entrepreneur
- Financing Your Business
- Business Administration
- Marketing Your Business
- Requirements to Start Up and Invasive Species Management Business
Priority registration criteria to attend the following sessions will be given to people who are:
- Residents of Northeastern BC
- Underemployed resource industry workers
- Interested in starting up their own invasive species service-based business
- Hold a valid Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weed Pesticide Applicators Certificate
- Aware of invasive species and management issues in the region
These sessions are open to both Indigenous and non-Indigenous applicants, with equal consideration.
The Invasive Species Business Development Training Session takes place December 5 - 7 in Fort St John. In advance of this session, we are hosting a half day Orientation Workshop to help potential participants find out more and to decide on whether this opportunity is a good fit for them. The Orientation Workshop will be held on Oct 24th, also in Fort St John.