There is a current shortage of invasive species management contractors in Northeastern B.C. - now is the time to start your own invasive species service based business!
The ISCBC, in partnership with the Northeast Aboriginal Business Center, held a Business Development Training Session this fall in Northeastern BC . Participants of this session left with a better understanding of what is required to start up their own invasive species service-based business.
Some of the key topics addressed included:
- Finding the Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Goal Setting and Business Planning
- Financing Your Business and Understanding Cash Flow
- Business and Financial Administration
- Market Research and Marketing Your Business
- Requirements to Start Up and Invasive Species Management Business
Priority registration criteria to attend were be given to people who are:
- Residents of Northeastern BC
- Underemployed resource industry workers
- Interested in starting up their own invasive species service-based business
- Hold a valid Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weed Pesticide Applicators Certificate
- Aware of invasive species and management issues in the region
- Have attended the October Business Development Orientation session
These sessions were open to both Indigenous and non-Indigenous applicants, with equal consideration.
The Invasive Species Business Development Training Session took place December 5 - 7 in Fort St John. For those of you who missed the Orientation Workshop on October 24th, you can watch it here